The WorkStrong program is a UC system-wide initiative designed for those campus employees who have been injured on the job to reduce the risk of further injury and promote overall health and wellness.
This program was developed in 2012 with the expertise and collaborative support of UC staff in wellness programs, occupational health and recreational sports. Each UC campus has its own unique program to suit the needs of the employees on its campus.
Who is eligible to participate?
Employees with at least 2* work related injuries in the past 24 months, provided that:
- Clinician feels employee is a good candidate, and are medically ready for exercise.
- *Employees with 1 injury can be recommended by the clinician on a case by case basis.
- The employee is in “good standing” with the University.
- The employee wants to participate.
This process provides a continuity of care for patients that have been injured on the job as most first go through physical therapy on site before beginning the program. Once graduated, participants have access to all WorkStrong program offerings for free* to continue their recovery.
- FREE 16 personal training sessions (2/week) conducted safely at the ARC
- FREE Campus gym membership for 6 months
- FREE private sessions with a Registered Dietitian over the phone or a video call
- FREE private Stress Resilience/mindfulness consultations
The WorkStrong program requires active participation in one’s own wellness. The effectiveness of the program is measured by assessing a spectrum of wellness offerings. In addition, participant testimonials are collected that describe how the WorkStrong program has contributed to ongoing behavior change.
*All services are covered by University of California, Office of the President (UCOP).
Our partners include:
- Campus Recreation - providing professional trainers for WorkStrong participants and access to the ARC for 6 months.
All services are covered by University of California, Office of the President (UCOP).
Keavagh Clift, MPH, CHWC
Special Services Program Manager