UC Davis’ tool for laboratory inspections and reports
PIs in research labs and designated safety contacts will use Inspect to:
- Access the lab’s report covering the in-person review conducted by a Lab Safety Professional (LSP). You will receive an email with the link to access the lab’s report in Inspect.
- Conduct your lab’s annually required self-inspection via mobile or desktop.
On Jan. 1, 2020 the comprehensive annual lab safety review program transitioned inspection platforms, from Safety Inspection Tool (SIT) to Inspect
When Receiving Your Annual Review Via Inspect:
The PI and lab safety contact (as designated in Profile) will be able to log in to view the report, upload pictures and supporting documents related to the resolution of the findings, and mark items as resolved.
Within Inspect, you can communicate with the Lab Safety Professional for clarification about and findings, guidance on resolving findings, or other assistance.
You’ve received a link to your annual review, now what?
- Review report
- Resolve findings
- Select Ready for verification
- Start a discussion
- Make sure all findings are corrected.
Conduct Your Annual Self-inspection Using Inspect
It is a regulatory requirement that you conduct annual self-inspections of your laboratory space. Using Inspect on your mobile device or desktop is an easy way to do this. The checklist in Inspect is the same checklist the LSP will be using during their annual visit – no surprises!
If you prefer paper, you can still conduct a self-inspection using this paper checklist (.pdf)
- Conducting a self-inspection (.pdf)
- How to Correct Findings (.pdf)
Mark an inspection finding as Resolved, In Progress or view the incident's history
- Start Discussion About a Finding (.pdf)
Navigate to the discussion panel and include lab members who should be involved in the conversation
- Download Inspect on Mobile (.pdf)
Inspect provides streamlined inspections using a mobile device, as well as a desktop
- Configuring Inspect App and Quick Start Guide (.pdf)
How to create findings, how to upload photos, completing an inspection and other helpful tips
View the schedule and register
- Email Risk & Safety Solutions
Developers of the Inspect app
- Email UC Davis Research Safety