Fleet Leases and Rentals

Vehicle Rentals

How to Rent

1.  Sign up for UCDriveNote: it may take up to 24 hours to activate your account. Already have an account? Skip to #3.

2.  Review the training presentation on the UCDrive rental process.

3.  Make your online reservation up to 8 months in advance (strongly encouraged to guarantee availability of specific vehicle types).

4.  Pick up your vehicle at one of our convenient on-campus locations.

  • Insurance and roadside services are provided by the university. 
  • Fueling cost is not recharged to the department.
  • Roadside service is provided through the National Automobile Club outside of Fleet operating hours. 
  • Fleet vehicles are eligible to park in any A, C, or E campus parking spots.
  • Daily and hourly rental vehicles are now equipped with FasTrak devices and charges will be recharged to the departmental account on the reservation. 
Vehicle type Daily rate Hourly rate Per mile
Sedan $76.00 $11.25 $0.13
Small Passenger Van $73.00 $10.25 $0.24
Large Passenger Van (8) $75.00 N/A $0.36
Large Passenger Van (12) $93.00 N/A $0.33
Small Cargo Van $73.00 N/A $0.32
Large Cargo Van $90.00 N/A $0.54
Small SUV $68.00 N/A $0.21
Small SUV 4WD $72.00 N/A $0.26
Large SUV 4WD $93.00 N/A $0.32
1/2 Ton Truck  $68.00 $9.50 $0.36
3/4 Ton Truck $76.00 N/A $0.49
Electric GEM $53.00 N/A N/A
Rental Forms
For information about vehicle rentals or fueling
Contact Fleet Services at 530-752-0787 or VehicleReservation@ad3.ucdavis.edu.

Vehicle Leases

Does your department need a car for long-term use? A Fleet-owned vehicle can be assigned to your department.

  • A dedicated vehicle for your department use and needs
  • Complete routine scheduled maintenance and repairs are covered at no cost
  • Every rental vehicle has auto insurance coverage
  • Fueling at Fleet services is available for Fleet vehicles at a low recharge price or through the fuel card if off-campus

Learn more and see rates

Department Vehicles

Departments can submit requests to purchase their own vehicle based on their department's needs. Currently, only specialized vehicles will be approved (e.g., boats, trailers, street sweepers). While these vehicles are department-controlled, they must be registered with Fleet Services to ensure the University's auto insurance policy can be applied.

Learn more and see rates