WASTe (Waste Accumulation Storage Tracking electronically)
WASTe is a web-based system that facilitates regulatory compliant labeling, tracking, collection and disposal of hazardous wastes. This application provides an interface between Principal Investigators/Responsible Persons, lab staff and other generators of regulated wastes and the waste management staff.
Some key benefits of WASTe are:
- Quick and easy to use – create a tag in less than one minute
- Provides all required components of labeling hazardous waste
- Prints tags that can be affixed to waste containers (A plastic envelope is not required. Taping the label to the waste container is sufficient, provided that the barcodes and waste information are not obstructed.)
- Allows users to easily request waste pick up
- Automatically notifies EH&S staff to pick up waste when the 9 month limit is reached
- Secure access with your Central Authentication (CAS) credentials
- Delegates can manage lab personnel and storage location
- Creates tags for chemical, radioactive, mixed and universal waste (for example, batteries and light bulbs)
- Lists tag creator and Principal Investigator/Responsible Person
The new WASTe application is now the sole mechanism to create hazardous waste labels and request waste pick up.
WASTe Training & Resources
WASTe Fact Sheet (PDF)