Safeguarding positive engagement with minors at UC Davis
Policy PPM 290-31, Activities and Programs with Minors, was developed in order to provide consistent guidance and a structure that helps prevent untoward actions against minors, as well as allegations against the organization.
This policy does not apply to minors enrolled at UC Davis, nor does it apply to situations when minors participate in campus events under the supervision of a chaperone (e.g., K-12 school teacher). It recommends some of the most basic protections for minors, our faculty and staff, and the institution.
Some of the most common activities and programs involving minors and requiring registration include:
- Youth Sports Athletic Camps and Clinics
- Day Camps and Programs (non-sport)
- Overnight Camps and Programs
- Mentoring and Tutoring Programs
- Outreach Programs
- Community Service Activities
- On-campus internships for minors
- Recruitment Activities
- Registration for ongoing and pre-established activities and programs with minors must be completed annually prior to the beginning of the university academic year.
- Registration for other activities and programs with minors should be completed 60 days in advance when possible, but must be completed before an activity or program with minors begin.