Training & Resources
Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
WFA, either 8-hour or 16-hour, is recommended for any researchers travelling to areas greater than 1 hour from emergency medical care. We offer Field Research Safety interactive workshops, which can be tailored to the needs of the department or research groups.
Wilderness First Aid: 8 hours
(8 hours, 1 day)
To request a space in the class, draft a Field Safety Plan for one of your sites and fill out the Training Information Request Form online.
Contact email@example.com with questions, or for help with your Field Safety Plan.
- May 21, 2021 (Friday), 8:30am - 5:30pm, Davis
- June 16, 2021 (Wednesday), 8:30am - 5:30pm, Davis (full, waitlist only)
- June 28, 2021 (Monday), 8:30am-5:30pm, TERC (full, waitlist only)
- July 8, 2021 (Thursday), 8:30am-5:30pm, Davis
Wilderness First Aid: 16 hours
(16 hours, 2 days)
If your work is very remote, a 16-hour class may be more suitable. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- May 29-30, 2021 (Saturday-Sunday), 8:30am - 5:30pm, Davis
Field Research Workshop
We'll discuss strategies to stay safe and get the most out of your trips to the field.
- New dates coming soon
Epinephrine Auto-Injector (Epi-Pen) training
- Training available upon request