Laboratory Safety Resources
The annual Laboratory Safety Review is an opportunity for labs to receive guidance and support on the development and implementation of laboratory safety programs. The reviews are conducted by Laboratory Safety Professionals.
The best way to prepare for the review is by completing a self-inspection using Inspect. In order to maintain a strong safety culture you may want to conduct lab self-inspections twice a year, or even monthly.
- Site-Specific Safety Orientation & Training Checklist for New Laboratory Personnel
- Annual Refresher Training Form
- UC Laboratory Safety Fundamentals course (initial) or UC Laboratory Safety Refresher (every 3 years after initial)
- LHAT PPE training (must be added to the LHAT roster before completing the course)
- Laboratory Safety Manual (updated annually)
- SOP Templates and guidance reference document
- SafetyNet 8: Chemical Waste Disposal Guidelines
- SafetyNet 13: Guidelines for Chemical Spill Control
- UCD Chemical Inventory
- Chemical Compatibility Storage Guide and storage codes
- SafetyNet 66: Emergency Eyewash and Shower Testing and Use (updated 5/12/21)
- SafetyNet 538: Fire Extinguisher Inspection Procedures
- Contact your Department Safety Coordinator (DSC) for copies of the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and Emergency Action & Evacuation Plan (EAP)