Students look to faculty for leadership in the classroom — and they will undoubtedly look to you for leadership during an emergency. Your role is vital.
- Register for WarnMe, the UC Davis mass notification system and keep your contact information current.
- Download the Crisis Manager app to your mobile phone and review the information on how to respond to different events.
- Review relevant evacuation procedures, fire alarm pull stations and fire extinguisher locations for your classrooms and other buildings you frequent.
- Review the Faculty Emergency Preparedness Guide and consider your workspace.
- Review the Research Continuity information page for ways to prepare for power outages.
- If you have an access or functional need (either temporary or permanent), contact Disability Management Services
During an Emergency:
- Report an emergency or suspicious activity to UCD Police Department by calling 911.
- Obtain accurate information from WarnMe, Aggie Alerts, and UC Davis Dateline.
- Follow instructions provided by first responders or staff with emergency response roles (e.g. safety coordinators, continuity planners, department emergency response teams)