UC Davis Medical Waste Management Training
Course duration estimate: 25 mins
This 25 minute course discusses the proper handling, packaging, labeling, and documentation of hazardous waste (specifically, medical waste) that is ultimately transported on public roads. This course is required for all workers who have a direct influence on the safe and compliant transport of medical waste, including those who generate and handle the medical waste. Course objectives include:
- Identify types of hazardous waste and choose the appropriate waste stream for disposal.
- Understand how to package medical waste in containers compliant with State and Federal regulations.
- Reinforce compliant medical waste handling and disposal practices utilized on campus.
- Understand how to transport medical waste safely and securely to a waste accumulation site.
- Identify campus resources that are available to assist in campus waste handling operations.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.