UC Davis Biosafety Level 2 Online Training
Course duration estimate: 1 hr
This 1 hour course is required for anyone working in research and related projects that involve infectious agents (Human, animal or plant), recombinant DNA, unless exempted under the “NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules”, human and non-human primate, tissues, body fluids, or cultured cells (including cell lines), and medical waste management. Course objectives include:
- Identifying National Institutes of Health (NIH) Guidelines.
- Recognizing roles and responsibilities of UC Davis entities.
- Completing a risk assessment and distinguish risk groups.
- Properly registering material.
- Identifying waste concerns.
- Reporting and responding to an incident.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.