Trenching and Excavation Safety
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 1 hour course is designed to better inform the employee of the possible health and safety concerns unique to trenching and excavation. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Course objectives include:
- Listing factors to consider before trenching and excavation begins.
- Identifying the purpose of the site assessment.
- Describing the purpose of a trench box.
- Specifying different types of excavation, sloping, and shoring principles.
- Recognizing other hazards that are present in excavation work.
- Identifying the cause of excavation and trenching-related fatalities.