Radiation Safety for Users of Radioactive Materials and Radiation Producing Machines (Analytical X-Ray)
Course duration estimate: 1 hour
This 1 hour course provides general awareness of policies and procedures associated with the use of radioactive materials and radiation producing machines (RPM). A test must be successfully completed at the end of each module. Course objectives include:
- Understanding radiological fundamentals and regulations.
- Understanding biological effects and radiation limits.
- Understanding radiation protection and detection.
- Identifying contamination waste.
- Understanding proper shipping and receiving methods.
- Understanding RPMs.
**PLEASE NOTE: If you will be working with radioactive material, this course is Part I of a two-part course. After completing this class, you will need to attend the in-person training class. The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.