Liquid Cryogen Safety
This 60 minute course is intended for individuals who handle, or are around, cryogen or cryogenic materials. UC Davis thanks the University of California Office of the President (UCOP) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) for granting permission to use their training material and Northwestern University Office of Research Safety and Argonne Labs for their content contribution. Course objectives include:
- Identifying three primary hazards associated with cryogens and the methods for controlling these.
- Identifying PPE requirements for work involving cryogens.
- Identifying cause(s) of injuries and what could have prevented them.
- Identifying first aid response measures associated with cryogen splash and cryogen burns.
- Identifying requirements for transporting and shipping cryogens.
- Identifying how to safely fill a transfer Dewar from a large 160L Dewar.
- Locating information for determining the rules related to transporting cryogens.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.