Crane Hoist and Rigging
Health and Safety
This instructor-led course is intended for all workers who handle manufacturing and construction equipment, in order to address safety issues while moving large, heavy loads. The content in this course is designed to comply with regulatory requirements. Course objectives include:
- Specifying general safety issues of cranes, hoisting, and rigging.
- Defining the purpose of the crane safety program.
- Describing general inspection practices, testing practices, and basic load handling considerations.
- Specify operator responsibilities.
- Recognize standard hand signals.