Aerosol Transmissible Diseases
Course duration estimate: 1 hr
This one hour training is required for personnel who work in a laboratory performing procedures with materials that contain, or are reasonable anticipated to contain, aerosol transmissible pathogens covered under the Cal/OSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standard. Course objectives include:
- Listing the characteristics of aerosols that might be encountered in your work setting.
- Identifying agents that require compliance with the Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standard.
- Recognizing high hazard or aerosol generating procedures that you might perform in your workplace.
- Recalling the proper procedures for disposing of waste contaminated with aerosol transmissible pathogens.
- Identifying the steps you should take if you experience an exposure incident.
- Locating where you can go if you need to seek medical treatment for an exposure incident.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.