Wellness Ambassadors serve as representatives of the UC Davis Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being program while supporting and engaging their colleagues in wellness messaging, programs, activities and resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Market, publicize and recruit staff and academics to participate in health and well-being activities and programming on campus
- Identify potential ideas, strategies and programs for enhancing well-being and a healthy culture/work environment
- Develop health and well-being initiatives in your unit (e.g., use bulletin boards, develop a healthy potluck day, schedule a guest speaker or activity, create a walking group, etc.)
- Share your success stories and metrics with us
- Provide the Activity Release Waiver (PDF) for participants in your group and keep a file of completed forms (required by Risk Management for physical activities)
- Annual mini-grant opportunity to receive up to $500 for well-being initiatives to implement in your unit
- First access to, and notification of, new programs and offerings
- Monthly newsletter, quarterly training sessions and large Wellness Ambassador community to support your efforts
Interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador for your department?
- This is a voluntary role to help drive employee participation and engagement in health and wellness related activities.
- The average time commitment is 40 minutes per month.
- Wellness Ambassadors are encouraged to discuss their role with their supervisor.
Learn more about the UC Davis Workplace Flexibility policy.