Laser Safety Refresher
Course duration estimate: 1 hour
This 1 hour course is intended for individuals who work in laboratories using Class IIIB (moderate) and IV (high-power) lasers or laser systems, and is designed to provide a basic understanding of lasers and laser safety. The content in this course is designed to comply with regulatory requirements. Course objectives include:
- Discussing what a laser is and how a laser works.
- Naming the types and classes of lasers.
- Describing non-beam laser hazards.
- Recalling the biological effects of a laser on the human body.
- Identifying types of control measures.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.