Pallet Jack Safety Course
Health and Safety
This instructor-led course covers the hazards of pallet jacks, and how to prevent injuries and safely operate both electrical and hand pallet jacks. Detailed training requires reviewing the pallet jack manufacturer’s owner manual and following the safety precautions. Course objectives include:
- Identifying safe practices to follow when using pallet jacks.
- Identifying how to safely handle loads.
- Describing the pallet jack controls, proper body positioning, and maneuvering the jack.
- Identifying PPE requirements.
- Conducting safety inspection of the equipment.
UC Davis Pallet Jack Safety Training (PowerPoint)