Machine Guarding Course
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.
This 40 minute course provides definitions and requirements for different kinds of machinery concerning the Machine Guarding Program, and a general discussion of various guarding methods, as well as defining terms associated with machine guarding. Course objectives include:
- Identifying where mechanical hazards exist.
- Identifying the motions and actions of mechanical hazards.
- Specifying the hazards created by different kinds of motions.
- Describing the minimum requirements that must be met by all safeguards.
- Recognizing the advantages and disadvantages of guard construction.
- Identifying the different types of safeguard devices and guards.