Hazardous Material Handling and Storage
Course duration estimate: 45 mins
This 45 minute course covers information about drum handling, compressed gas cylinders, flammable materials, slings, safe lifting techniques, and safe handling procedures. The intent of the information is to familiarize the learner with safe work practices necessary to prevent injury while handling materials and equipment in the workplace. Course objectives include:
- Identifying safe lifting techniques when manually handling an object.
- Identifying hazards associated with handling drums and containers.
- Specifying the proper handling, transportation, storage, and use of compressed gas cylinders.
- Identifying hazards associated with handling acetylene, oxygen, or hydrogen.
- Specifying how to detect leaks, and recognizing materials that may be flammable and/or combustible.
- Identifying the factors involved in the proper selection, use, and inspection of slings used to hold suspended loads.
- Identifying safe handling and moving practices when performing routine maintenance.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management System (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.