Wellness Ambassador Program
Wellness Ambassadors serve as representatives of the UC Davis Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being program while supporting and engaging their colleagues in wellness messaging, programs, activities and resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Market, publicize and recruit staff and faculty to participate in health and well-being activities and programming on campus
- Identify potential ideas, strategies and programs for enhancing well-being and a healthy culture/work environment
- Develop health and well-being initiatives in your unit (e.g., use bulletin boards, develop a healthy potluck day, schedule a guest speaker or activity, create a walking group, etc.)
- Share your success stories and metrics with us
- Provide the Activity Release Waiver for participants in your group and keep a file of completed forms (required by Risk Management for physical activities)
Interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador for your department? Fill out this application!
This is a voluntary role to help drive employee participation and engagement in health and wellness related activities. The average time commitment is 40 minutes per month. Ambassadors are encouraged to discuss their role with their supervisor.
Learn more about the UC Davis Workplace Flexibility policy.
Wellness Ambassador Mini Grants!
The Mini Grant application period for 2019-2020 is now closed and Wellness Ambassadors who have been awarded funds have been notified.
Every Fall, you can apply for up to $500 to support health and well-being in your department! All Wellness Ambassadors who want to apply for a mini-grant must first:
1. Complete the Healthy Department Certification If you have been granted "striving for certified healthy," "certified healthy," or "gold certified healthy" in the last three years, you will not need to complete this certification process again for FY 2020.
2. Conduct a needs assessement within the last year. A sample assessment and additional information can be found here.
Wellness Ambassador Quarterly Trainings - Save the Date!
Save the Date!
Wellness Ambassador of The Month
Wellness Ambassador of the Month
September 2017 - Rose Cabral
October 2017 - Gina Flaharty
November 2017 - Gia Hellwig
December 2017 - Cornel Wade
January 2018 - Patricia Covington Fleming and Stacey Sheehan
February 2018 - Ashley Odell
March 2018 - Rebecca Grunewald
April 2018 - Suzette Smiley-Jewell
May 2018 - Maureen Craig
June 2018 - Maria Tuccori
Summer 2018 - Emily J McDaniel
September 2018 - Christopher Loureiro
Mini-Grant Feature of the Month
UC Davis Human Resources Shared Services used their Mini-Grant funds to create a stretch break program and succulent planting classes. Read about it here.
September 2017 - Public Health Sciences 45-Day Challange
October 2017 - Bike Share
November 2017 - Yoga Mats
December 2017 - Planting Day
January 2018 - Mini Fridge
February 2018 - Breath and Balance Workshop
March 2018 -Wellness Workshop
April 2018 - Exercise Equipment
May 2018 - Wellness Library
June 2018 - Fitness Activity Equipment
Summer 2018 - Bike Share
September 2018 - Hydration Tracker Water Bottles