Wellness Ambassador Program
Wellness Ambassadors serve as representatives of the UC Davis Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being program while supporting and engaging their colleagues in wellness messaging, programs, activities and resources.
Roles and Responsibilites:
- Market, publicize and recruit staff and faculty to participate in health and well-being activities and programming on campus
- Identify potential ideas, strategies & programs for enhancing well-being and a healthy culture/work environment
- Develop health and well-being initiatives in your unit (e.g., use bulletin boards, develop a healthy potluck day, schedule a guest speaker or activity, walking group, etc.)
- Share your success stories and metrics with us
- Provide the Activity Release Waiver for participants in your group and keep a file of completed forms (required by Risk Management for physical activities)
Interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador for your department? Fill out this application!
This is a voluntary role to help drive employee participation and engagement in health and wellness related activities. The average time commitment is 40 minutes per month. Ambassadors are encouraged to discuss their role with their supervisor.
Learn more about the UC Davis Workplace Flexibility policy.
Wellness Ambassador of The Month
Wellness Ambassador of the Month
September 2017 - Rose Cabral
October 2017 - Gina Flaharty
November 2017 - Gia Hellwig
December 2017 - Cornel Wade
January 2018 - Patricia Covington Fleming and Stacey Sheehan
February 2018 - Ashley Odell
March 2018 - Rebecca Grunewald
April 2018 - Suzette Smiley-Jewell
May 2018 - Maureen Craig
June 2018 - Maria Tuccori
Summer 2018 - Emily J McDaniel
September 2018: Christopher Loureiro
Wellness Mini-Grant Feature of the Month
The Finance, Operations and Administration Communications Office used the Mini-Grant to create incentivized simple challenges that promote overall health and well-being among their staff members. Read more about it here.
September 2017 - Department of Public Health Sciences
October 2017 - UC CalFresh
November 2017 - The Center for Health and the Environment
December 2017 - Central Human Resources
January 2018 - Office of Research - IRB Administration
February 2018 - Arts Administrative Group
March 2018 - Office of Medical Education
April 2018 - Department of Development and Alumni Relations
May 2018 - The Internship and Career Center
June 2018 - Student Health and Counseling Services
Summer 2018 - Campus Recreation
September 2018 - Anthropology