UC Davis reviews and verifies COVID-19 confirmed cases, and we’re responding to concerns from the campus community regarding COVID-19.
All employees and students use the reporting process when:
- You receive a positive COVID-19 test result or a COVID-positive diagnosis from an outside/community physician - MANDATORY
- You are advised that you are a Close Contact to a COVID-19 positive person within the past 10 days - MANDATORY
- You have concerns about a member of the UC Davis community having COVID-19, whether on or off campus
Contact Reporting Points
|Davis Campus||UC Davis Health (including students in Schools of Medicine/Nursing)|
Report questions or concerns through Health-e-Messaging
Report a COVID-19 positive test by emailing Employee Health Services at email@example.com
Submit concerns and questions to Employee and Labor Relations
COVID-19 Reporting Process & Common Questions
Common Questions and Scenarios
- I received a positive COVID-19 test result, do I always need to report it?
- DO NOT report positive COVID-19 test results received from Testing Locations for UC Davis Students and Employees. We have your results already and you will be contacted by a member of the UC Davis contact tracing team.
DO REPORT positive COVID-19 test results from tests performed at any other site, including Healthy Davis Together. You will need to attach a copy of your test results and other supporting documentation later in this form.
- I failed the Daily Symptom Survey, what do I do?
- Remain off campus and do not enter University facilities (with the exception of Student Health and Counseling Services/Occupational Health for treatment, or your on-campus residence) until receiving a medical release/clearance from your physician.
Employees - You may return to campus AFTER providing your supervisor a return-to-work slip from your physician.
- What is a Close Contact?
- Close Contact is defined by the CDC as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset(or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.
- I have questions about the campus's testing process and program.
- Visit the Campus Ready webpage on COVID-19 testing for full details and up-to-date FAQs
- I have questions about isolating after a COVID-19 positive test result or known exposure to COVID-19.
- Visit the Campus Ready webpage on Quarantine and Isolation for full details
- What is contact tracing and how does it work at UC Davis?
- Please visit the Campus Ready webpage on contact tracing for full details, including when you will be notified by a member of the UC Davis contact tracing team.