With the rapid changes taking place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be experiencing higher levels of stress. We wanted to let you know that you are not alone and there are ways that you can help yourselves and each other during this time.
While social distancing does mean maintaining physical distance in order to protect ourselves and each other, it does not mean disconnecting.
Take time to nurture your connections with each other through phone and video conversations, texts, etc. Nurture your connection with nature by spending time outdoors in fresh air. Nurture your connection with yourself through journaling, therapy, relaxation exercises, and/or mindfulness practices. Nurture your connection with your body through movement, stretching, nutritious food and rest.
UC Davis Resources
- We are offering live online mindfulness meditation sessions multiple times a week through zoom. To learn more about our offerings, please visit our Live Mindfulness Meditation Sessions (Online) page.
- Check out the Academic and Staff Assistance Program "Coping with the Stress of COVID-19" resource page.
- Free remote counseling sessions are available through the Academic and Staff Assistance Program.
- Campus Recreation’s Aggies at Home cover topics like how to work from home, at-home workouts, managing your free time and more.
- #healthyucdavis Slack page to share experiences and stay connected. Sign up and then search #healthyucdavis!
- Check our events regularly as we begin to bring other classes online such as Gentle Yoga and Financial Well-being
- Find resources to cope with racial trauma here.
CDC Emotional Wellbeing Resources
- Managing Anxiety & Stress
- Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- Managing Stress Associated with COVID-19
Tech Emotional Wellbeing Resources
- MindShift CBT: Free app that includes cognitive behavioral strategies to address general worry, social anxiety, and panic.
- CBT-i Coach - Free app for cognitive behavioral strategies for insomnia, available for iOS and Android.
Tech Mindfulness Resources
The following meditation apps are offering free guided meditations and some are offering free accounts in response to the pandemic.