Agricultural Burning Guidelines
Agricultural burning on the UC Davis campus or properties under the control of UC Davis is subject to the conditions listed below. In general, the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District regulates agricultural burning in coordination with the UC Davis Fire Department.
The following conditions must be adhered to:
- A “Permit for Agricultural Burning” must be obtained by the permittee from the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District located at 1947 Galileo Ct., Suite 103, Davis, California (530-757-3650).
- Permissible burn days are those days which are not prohibited by the Air Resources Board pursuant to Section 41855 of the Health and Safety Code, or by the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District.
- All burning must be approved and scheduled by the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District.
- The permittee must contact UC Davis Fire Prevention (530-752- 1493) a minimum of 48 business hours in advance of anticipated burn for approval of the burn location.
- On the day burning is to be done, the UC Davis Emergency Dispatch Center (530-752-6317) must be notified before ignition, and given the Yolo-Solano AQMD burn password. The Dispatch Center will contact the on-duty Fire Shift Officer for approval to burn based on daily conditions.
- Burning ignition hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm for field stubble material and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 1 hour before sunset, whichever is earlier, for other agricultural burning.
- Permit holder will be held responsible for smoke impacting populated areas.