Welding, Cutting and Brazing
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 40 minute course informs learners of potential health and safety concerns unique to welding, cutting, and brazing prevention. Course objectives include:
- Specifying fire prevention techniques used during welding, cutting, and brazing.
- Specifying the proper handling, transportation, use, and storage of compressed gas cylinders.
- Specifying proper operating procedures to ensure a safe means of welding and cutting.
- Identifying potential health concerns associated with welding, cutting, and brazing.
- Defining the importance of using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Identifying safety concerns while welding, cutting, and brazing in confined spaces.