UC Davis Medical Waste Management Training
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 25 minute course discusses the proper handling, packaging, labeling, and documentation of hazardous waste (specifically, medical waste) that is transported on public roads. This course is required for all workers who has a direct influence on the safe and compliant transport of medical waste, including those who generate and handle the medical waste. Course objectives include:
- Understanding the various components of compliant medical waste management, per state and federal regulations.
- Understanding methods of protection from exposure and types of medical waste.
- Understanding labeling requirements.
- Understanding safe transportation practices for medical waste.
- Ensuring compliant medical waste handling and disposal practices on campus.
Required for all workers who has a direct influence on the safe and compliant transport of medical waste, including those who generate and handle the medical waste.