**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 55 minute course is intended for all employees who work with hazardous chemicals in an industrial (non-laboratory setting), in order to recognize and understand the required elements of the campus’ written hazard communication program. This course is designed to comply with regulatory requirements. Course objectives include:
- Recognizing the purpose, scope and elements of the hazard communication standard.
- Identifying how chemical hazards are determined.
- Identifying the purpose of a Safety Data Sheet, and its components.
- Identifying chemicals and their hazards, through campus labeling and warning practices.
- Recognizing the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals.
- Recognizing the information and training required by Cal/OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard.
Required. Refresher training is required every three (3) years within the department or by retaking this eLearning course.