Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) has provided UC Davis permission to use their Cryogen Safety training while UC Davis develops their own campus specific training video. Although the video references LBNL, the basic safety elements are applicable to UC Davis.
UC Davis thanks LBNL for granting permission to use their training material and Northwestern University Office of Research Safety and Argonne Labs for their content contribution.
- Identify three primary hazards associated with cryogens and the methods for controlling these.
- Identify PPE requirements for work involving cryogens.
- Given a series of lessons learned, be able to identify cause(s) of injuries and what could have prevented them.
- Identify first aid response measures associated with cryogen splash and cryogen burns.
- Identify requirements for transporting and shipping cryogens.
- Identify how to safely fill a transfer Dewar from a large 160L Dewar.
- Locate information for determining the rules related to transporting cryogens.
Course required for those handling cryogens.