Agricultural Burning Guidelines
Agricultural burning on the UC Davis campus or properties under the control of UCD is subject to the conditions listed below. In general, the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District regulates agricultural burning in coordination with the UC Davis Fire Department.
The following conditions must be adhered to:
1. A “Permit for Agricultural Burning” must be obtained by the permittee from the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District located at 1947 Galileo Ct., Suite 103, Davis, California, (530) 757-3660.
2. Permissible burn days are those days which are not prohibited by the Air Resources Board pursuant to Section 41855 of the Health and Safety Code or by the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District.
3. All burning must be approved and scheduled by the Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District.
4. The permittee must contact UCD Fire Prevention at (530) 752-1236 a minimum of 48 business hours in advance of anticipated burn for approval of the burn location.
5. On the day burning is to be done, the UC Davis Emergency Dispatch Center (530-752-6317) must be notified before ignition, and given the Yolo-Solano AQMD burn password. The Dispatch Center will contact the on-duty Fire Shift Officer for approval to burn based on daily conditions.
a. Burning ignition hours are 10:00 am to 5:00 pm for field stubble material and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 1 hour before sunset, whichever is earlier, for other agricultural burning.
6. Permit holder will be held responsible for smoke impacting populated areas
Revised January 2009