The purpose of the Safety Spotlight publication series is to provide information that is critical to the success of our safety programs at UC Davis.
In the monthly publications, you will find links to posters, training presentations, videos, and other resources that will help your office, laboratory, or department develop a robust safety program. Following a safety program and practicing safe work habits increases productivity in the work environment and reduces injuries and illnesses. This allows you to enjoy your time outside of work to the fullest.
Each month, the spotlight will focus on a specific workplace safety topic, drawing on the expertise from staff in Occupational Health Services, Environmental Health & Safety, Emergency/Business Continuity Management, and the Police and Fire Departments.
The Safety Spotlight is produced by UCOP. View the UCOP Web site for more information.
UC Safety Spotlights:
- Home Emergency Preparedness (January/December)
- Fire Prevention (November)
- Crime Prevention (October)
- Lab Safety (September)
- (August) )
- Summer Safety (June/July)
SAFETY SERVICES Safety Spotlights:
- Preventing Heat-Related Illness & Injury (May)
- Office Safety (April)
- Laboratory Safety (March)
- Integrated Fire Prevention Practices (February)
- Wintertime Safety for Home and Family (January)
- Wintertime Safety for Home and Family (December)
- Understanding Workers' Compensation (November)
- Injury & Illness Prevention Planning (October)
- Automobile, Bicycle & Pedestrian Safety (September)
- Crime Prevention & Personal Safety (August)
- Fire Prevention (June/July)
- Health & Wellness (May)
- Chemical & Laboratory Safety (April)
- Emergency Preparedness (March)
- Workplace Ergonomics (February)
- Slips, Trips Falls & Ladder Safety (January)