Wellness Ambassador Program
Wellness Ambassadors serve as representatives of the UC Davis Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being program while supporting and engaging their colleagues in wellness messaging, programs, activities and resources.
Roles and Responsibilites:
- Market, publicize and recruit staff and faculty to participate in health and well-being activities and programming on campus
- Identify potential ideas, strategies & programs for enhancing well-being and a healthy culture/work environment
- Develop health and well-being initiatives in your unit (e.g., use bulletin boards, develop a healthy potluck day, schedule a guest speaker or activity, walking group, etc.)
- Share your success stories and metrics with us
- Provide the Activity Release Waiver for participants in your group and keep a file of completed forms (required by Risk Management for physical activities)
Interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador for your depatment? Fill out this application!
This is a voluntary role to help drive employee participation and engagement in health and wellness related activities. The average time commitment is 40 minutes per month. Ambassadors are encouraged to discuss their role with their supervisor.
Learn more about the UC Davis Workplace Flexibility policy.
Wellness Ambassador of The Month
Wellness Ambassador of the Month
Read more about Gia!
Wellness Mini-Grant Feature of the Month
The Center for Health and Environment used their Mini-Grant to purchase yoga mats and create a sustainable yoga workout schedule. They have incorporated exercise into the work week in a unique way! Read more
September 2017 - Department of Public Health Sciences
October 2017 - UC CalFresh
November 2017 - The Center for Health and the Environment
December 2017 - Central Human Resources