UC Davis Biosafety Level 2 Online Training
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.
This course is required for anyone working in research and related projects that involve:
- Infectious agents (human, animal, or plant)
- Recombinant DNA, unless exempted under the “NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules”
- Human and non-human primate, tissues, body fluids, or cultured cells (including cell lines)
- Medical waste management
To provide biosafety training in the laboratory and safe handling of infectious agents, medical waste, and recombinant DNA constructs.
- Objectives: Identify National Institutes of Health (NIH) Guidelines
- Recognize roles and responsibilities of UC Davis entities
- Complete a risk assessment and distinguish risk groups
- Properly register material
- Identify waste concerns
- Report and respond to an incident
For more information call Environmental Health and Safety main desk at (530)752-1493.
Course required to be taken once every three years and retraining is required annually.