Revised on
01/23/19 11:36am

Fine Arts Insurance & Exhibits

Contact information

The university purchases a Fine Arts Insurance Policy which covers fine arts for all risks of physical loss or damage including earthquake and flood, subject to the policy exclusions. This insurance is not automatic. To have fine arts insurance coverage, you must specifically request or "schedule" coverage prior to any loss. To be eligible for fine arts insurance coverage, the fine art must be owned by the university or on loan to the university with an agreement for the university to insure the artwork. 

Permanent Collection 

  • To schedule a new department owned fine art, notify Risk Management via Further for university owned artwork, Risk Management Services collects information quarterly from departments on updates and changes to report to the broker. 
  • To secure coverage for exhibits of university owned artwork at off-campus locations notify Risk Management via Note if you're exhibiting beyond the United States and Canada, insurance policies of overseas exhibits are written on a case-by-case basis and must be approved no fewer than 30 days before you want coverage to begin. 

Temporary Exhibits/Fine Art Not Owned by UC 

  • Any department receiving fine art on loan should complete an Art Exhibition Loan Agreement. Submit a copy of the completed and signed form to prior to receiving the fine art from the lender. 

If you have a loss, report it immediately to Risk Management via the Property Loss Report. The deductible for Scheduled Fine Art is $1,000 per occurrence except earthquakes and outdoor sculpture and $10,000 per occurrence for earthquakes and outdoor sculpture.