UC Safe Work Practices for Cleanrooms and Shared Spaces
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 1 hour course is recommended for those working with silane and other air reactive gases, and for those engaged in micro/nanofabrication and cleanroom activities. The first part of the course is presented Eugene Ngai of Chemically Speaking, LLC. Course objectives include:
- Understanding how to inspect and use cylinders and regulators.
- Identifying the features of suitable gas storage cabinets and the required monitoring.
- Understanding the release behavior of common gases, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Developing an emergency response plan.
- Understanding issues common to cleanroom management.
- Identifying proper gas handling, waste management options, and ventilation systems.