UC Davis Rodent Survival Surgery
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 25 minute course is designed to provide animal users with the required information for performing rodent survival surgery. Course objectives include:
- Understanding aseptic techniques.
- Preparing the patient, surgeon, and surgery area.
- Identifying proper PPE.
- Understanding proper sterilization techniques for instruments and re-use.
- Understanding patient monitoring and post-op care.
- Understanding proper anesthesia and analgesia use.