UC Davis Radiation Safety Course
This class discusses the policies and procedures associated with the use of radioactive material at UC Davis. Demonstration of good health physics practices is stressed. Completion of the eLearning course “Radiation Safety for Users of Radioactive Materials” is a prerequisite before registering for this course.
- To provide a general awareness of radiation safety fundamentals and policies and procedures associated with the use of radioactive material in order to comply with the university's radioactive material license.
- Review the posting requirements in laboratories
- Review the requirements for shipping and receiving radioactive material
- Review administrative procedures such as radioactive waste disposal, laboratory monitoring and inventories.
- Review the operation and use of a radiation survey meter and how to perform a contamination survey.
YES: Course required to be taken once before using radioactive material. Refresher course required every three years (satisfied by either by attending the class again or taking an on-line examination).