Safety Leadership for Supervisors
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.
This 45 minute course is an introduction to safety leadership, accountability, hazard assessments, training, inspections, injuries, hazardous materials and equipment, and resources for supervisors. This course covers relevant UC Policy on Management of HSE, Cal/OSHA regulations (Reference: 8 CCR 340, 3203, 3341, 3380), and both federal and state laws. Course objectives include:
- Understanding who a supervisor is, and their roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding the safety culture at UC Davis.
- Understanding legal liability requirements.
- Identifying hazards, control measures, and corrective actions.
- Performing risk assessments.
- Utilizing safety communications, training records, and checklists.
- Coordinating agency inspections, injury prevention, injury response, and injury investigations.