Radiation Safety For Users of Radioactive Materials
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.
This course discusses radiation safety requirements specific to UC Davis. The goal is to provide general awareness of policies and procedures associated with the use of radioactive material at UC Davis. The following topics will be discussed: required postings, radioactive material shipments, radioactive material receipts, radioactive material inventories, monitoring requirements, use of survey meter, swipe surveys and release of radioactive dry waste.
- To provide a general awareness of radiation safety fundamentals and policies and procedures associated with the use of radioactive material in order to comply with the university's radioactive material license.
- Evaluate risk in the laboratory,
- Discuss the fundamentals of radiation safety and universal safe work practices,
- Review the operation and use of a radiation survey meter,
- Review administrative procedures such as laboratory monitoring and inventories.
Course required to be taken once before using radioactive material.