Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the system.
This 1 hour course is intended for individuals involved in public and private disaster management, emergency management, and business programs. This course will provide you with an understanding of the basic criteria for developing a comprehensive program that addresses disaster recovery and emergency management in accordance with the NFPA 1600 standard. Course objectives include:
- Identifying the resources required for an NFPA 1600 program.
- Recognizing the NFPA 1600 procedural requirements for identifying and assessing hazards.
- Recognizing the requirements for hazard mitigation under NFPA 1600.
- Identifying the components required for program planning, training, and evaluation under NFPA 1600.
- Identifying response and recovery procedures required under NFPA 1600 in a given scenario.