Accident Investigation and Reporting
**PLEASE NOTE: The Learning Management Systen (LMS), where trainings are housed, is set up for employees. If you are a student or visiting scholar, you must request access to the system before you can complete your training. Please email email@example.com to request access to the system.
This 20 minute course provides an overview of accident investigation and reporting procedures. The accident investigation and reporting process helps to provide a safe working environment by determining the causes of an accident, then reporting them so that accidents can be prevented in the future. The content in this course is designed to comply with regulatory requirements. Course objectives include:
- Differentiating between the three levels of accidents.
- Recognizing why an accident should be investigated.
- Recalling the steps for conducting a formal investigation.
- Identifying recommended interviewing techniques.
- Describing problem solving techniques commonly used in accident investigation.
- Recalling topics included in an investigative report.