Occupational Health Surveillance System (OHSS) FAQs
How do I fill out the form?
- A supervisor begins the process by creating a Risk Assessment (RA) for the participant.
- Login using your
- You will then receive an automatically generated email notification allowing you to access the Health Surveillance Questionnaire.
- You must complete the Health Surveillance Questionnaire before you make an appointment at Occupational Health for clearance to work with or enter an animal care area. If you have any questions, please contact Occupational Health at (530) 752-6051.
- Once the forms are submitted, participants will receive an evaluation and recommendation letter via email from the reviewing Health Care Provider at Occupational Health.
What medical information do I need to have when I access the application?
- A copy of your medical history and immunizations dates is recommended
What are some of the things I can expect once I complete the application process? Either:
- Approval to work for increments of 3 months, 6 months, or one year.
- An appointment referral for consultation and further assessment. The Participant must obtain authorization and a recharge account prior to making an appointment at Occupational Health Services.
- Immunizations, respirator fit test, or other services may be recommended based on risk and health history of the participant.
What are the benefits of the OHSS?
- Minimizes the risk of improper handling Personal Identifiable Information
- Ensures all mandatory information is captures in one system
- Houses OHSS status information in one central location
- Streamlines the process of being integrated into a protocol
This program is an integral part of Occupational Health Services and is designed to provide preventative medicine services and health-related education to those employees who have contact with live vertebrate animals in the course of their employment at UC Davis.
In order to access the online application, you must have a UCD Login ID and Kerberos passphrase
For help with this or any of the online forms, please call Occupational Health at 530-752-6051.