Water Quality Program
Municipal Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Pet Waste - Always pick up and dispose of pet waste. Properly disposing of pet waste on campus can prevent pollutants from entering the storm water system and flowing to the Arboretum Waterway and eventually to Putah Creek.
"Dog Doogity" (see right) is a fun video which emphasizes the importance of picking up and properly disposing of pet waste. A parody of the Backstreet song "No Diggity" and it is part of the Puget Sound Starts Here campaign to increase awareness of pet waste on the environment.
- California General Construction Storm Water Permit (2009-009-DWQ)
- There is a video that summarizes the requirements of the California Construction General Stormwater Permit (2009-0009-DWQ) that was adopted on September 2, 2009 and became effective on July 1, 2010. This permit is required for all construction projects that results in land disturbance of equal or greater than 1 acre.
- Campus Standards & Design Guide - Div. 1, Sec. 01351 (Storm Water Pollution Prevention, 2010)
- UC Davis Construction Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Checklist
- UC Davis Construction Site Storm Water Inspection Report Form – Risk Level 1 Sites
- Low Impact Development (LID)
California Low Impact Development (LID) portal
For additional questions or assistance please contact:
Lisa Moretti, EH&S