The following radiation safety exams and quizzes are designed and provided for the UC Davis Radiation User's tri-annual radiation safety retraining requirement.
The autotutorials have been designed such that after the exam/quiz is taken, the user is provided with the answers. For questions that have been answered incorrectly, the correct answer is displayed along with an explanation. The majority of the exams/quizzes require at least 85% of the questions to be answered correctly before adding the user information into the exam gradebook. Exams that do not meet the passing criteria will obviously not be entered into the gradebook, no one will know that the exam was failed, and the user will be prompted to take the randomly generated question exam again.
The recommended method for taking the autotutorials is to have confidence in your knowledge of radiation and the handling requirements at UC Davis and dive into the exam. Answer the questions without spending a great deal of time on any one question.
For those of you who prefer to review pertinent safety and handling information before taking the exam/quiz, click on one of the following links below to review the material and return to this page when you are ready to take the exam or quiz:
Available Documents for Review
- Analytical X-ray Safety Manual
- Diagnostic X-ray Safety Manual
- Hydroprobe Safety Manual
- Radiation Safety Manual
- Safe Handling of Radioisotopes
- Ionizing Radiation and Pregnancy
Available Exams and Quizzes
- Laboratory Radiation Safety Exam
- If you are currently a radiation user at UC Davis, you may take this 35-question exam in order to fulfill your radiation safety re-training requirement. Please make sure that you fill in all of the necessary information. Exam times vary, but the average time is approximately 15-25 minutes.
- Laser Safety Awareness Quiz
- This 15-question quiz is designed to heighten laser safety awareness.
- Hydroprobe Safety Exam
- All UC Davis radiation users that use soil moisture density gauges can take this 20-question safety exam in order to fulfill the radiation re-training requirements. Exam times vary, but an average time of 10 minutes is expected.
- Analytical X-ray Safety Exam
- This 20 question analytical x-ray safety exam is available for all UC Davis radiation workers who use x-ray diffraction/fluorescence and cabinet units in order to fulfil the radiation safety re-training requirements. The exam covers radiation physics, radiobiology, and UC Davis and state and federal use requirements. The average test time is 15 minutes.
- Diagnostic X-ray Safety Exam
- This 20 question diagnostic x-ray safety exam is available for all UC Davis radiation workers who use radiographic and fluoroscopic units in order to fulfil the radiation safety re-training requirements. The exam covers radiation physics, radiobiology, and UC Davis and state and federal use requirements. The average test time is 15 minutes.